LIVE (OR LAST POSTED) Video Stream

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Impressive showings during beer week - Firkin Crazy

I don't know about you but Philly Beer Week has been great to me, so far I have been checking out new establishments that I have been wanting to hit up for some time and tasting new and great beer along the way. One of the new establishments that has made an impression on me is Aspen. Located in Fairmount at 25th and Aspen street I fear that it has been overshadowed by other giants in the neighborhood. With Bridgid's just around the corner and the Bishops Collar and London Grille just steps away I seemed to never have a reason to stop in. Lured in by firkin offerings during Philly Beer Week, I was left with a great and lasting first impression. From great food and beer to the friendly manager It will soon be added into the rotation of great beer bars that I frequent. While they may only have 5 or so taps they bring it strong with an extensive bottle selection.

Other honorable mentions thus far:
-All the firkin beer around the city
-Lost Abbey beer (esp. Avante Garde & Devotion Ale)
-Zot upstairs lounge (Zotikot) and it's bathtub tap tower and sink glass washer

No comments: